If you have any queries about the policy, please get in touch with us using email@example.com or write to us at Utilities Design & Planning Ltd, Astor Road, Salford, M50 1BB and we will do our best to answer your questions.
- How we use your information
- Why does Utilities Design & Planning Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
- Will Utilities Design & Planning Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
- How will Utilities Design & Planning Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
- Under what circumstances will Utilities Design & Planning Ltd contact me?
- What is your legal for processing my personal data?
- How long will you keep my personal data?
- Where do you store my personal data?
- Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
- What rights do I have as a data subject?
- What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access personal data about me?
- What should I do if I’m not happy about how my personal data has been used?
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
- To provide our products and services
- To process your order
- To personalise the website for you
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To improve or modify our services
- For audits, regulatory purposes, and compliance with industry standards
Why does Utilities Design & Planning Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
We need to collect personal data in order for us to provide you with a service, to answer enquires about our services and to maintain our records. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Utilities Design & Planning Ltd would contact you for additional consent.
Will Utilities Design & Planning Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Utilities Design & Planning Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to assist in fulfilling an agreed service, and to backup our data. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Utilities Design & Planning Ltd’s procedures. We don’t collect sensitive personal data, so we won’t be sharing it with anyone.
How will Utilities Design & Planning Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Utilities Design & Planning Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Utilities Design & Planning Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Utilities Design & Planning Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
What is your legal for processing my personal data?
To meet Utilities Design & Planning Ltd contractual obligations to clients and to also respond to marketing enquiries.
How long will you keep my personal data?
Utilities Design & Planning Ltd will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for six years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After six years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
Where do you store my personal data?
Utilities Design & Planning Ltd stores your data securely on servers that are encrypted and are located within the EEA and we don’t transfer your data outside of the EEA.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Utilities Design & Planning Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Utilities Design & Planning Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Utilities Design & Planning Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, which is the ICO in the UK.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What rights do I have as a data subject?
At any point whilst Utilities Design & Planning Ltd is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects, have the following rights:
Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Utilities Design & Planning Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access personal data about me?
Utilities Design & Planning Ltd accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill from last 3 months. If Utilities Design & Planning Ltd is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
Any requests should be made in writing, by email or by phone; using the following details: –
Post: Data Protection Office, Utilities Design & Planning Ltd, Astor Road, Salford, M50 1BB
Telephone: 0161 907 1234
What should I do if I’m not happy about how my personal data has been used?
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by Utilities Design & Planning Ltd, you have the right to complain to Utilities Design & Planning Ltd Finance Director. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the ICO.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Utilities Design & Planning Ltd
Finance Director, Utilities Design & Planning Ltd, Astor Road, Salford, M50 1BB
Telephone: 0161 907 1234
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
Telephone 0303 123 1113 or email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/